Thursday, March 8, 2012

Project Wilderness application

This week is dominated by preparation of custom pieces for project Wilderness  by Agata Stoinska, fashion photographer and Eddie Shanahan, the biggest man in the Irish branding world.
The pieces are inspired by my understanding of wild chaotic elegance. The concept is based on multitude repetitiveness of one pattern.



In my design process I am influenced by the materials i already got in my stash.. Ie. I had over a 600 leaves cut out from pre-felt left hanging around in my stash..


What to do? I decided to dye them in a mix of red, orange and viOlet so they resemble fire!
Next i dyed some felt fabric..
Since my pattern making skills are next to nothing i just draped the fabric on the mannequin and cut slits here and there to fit it to shape.



I think it worked out very well!
I sew the remaining leaves starting at the bottom of the jacket. Finishing it with a ribbon. The jacket is substantial but feels very light thanks to the fabric.

The second piece is more romantic, the lace pattern adds to surface interest and the hood makes the model look more mystical. I have to change the shape of the hood since it came out very shallow. Not sure what color to dye it though.




4 comments:

diana said...

Po prostu przepiękne wszystko-sama nie wiem,która rzecz bardziej mi się podoba:)Obydwie cudne!!!!Pozdrawiam cieplutko:)))

Malwina said...

Fantastyczne! pozdrawiam serdecznie:)

Anu said...

perfect.

Katie said...

Amazing! So glad to have found your blog. :0)