Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Feltmaking workshop lace and lines: moders felt design by Kate ramsey at Fiberfusing studio run by Dorie van Dijk

Now back in the bus to limerick I left Netherlands and a very welcoming FiberFusing studio run by Dorie van Dijk!

I arrived to meet Dorie 2 days before the workshop begun and we spent that time experimenting with a mix of new dyeing methods, patters and new Designs! I got a gorgeous bag from Dorie full of dry eucalyptis leaves. Perfect for organic plant dyeing!

I learnt from Dorie about the versatility of use of adhesive tape in feltmaking: not only to join parts of pattern resist, but to stick silk edges together when you are making chiffon backing in your jackets!

I had a chance to ser couple of books i did not have:such as women in felt andmazing book by Angela Wolf, the most innovative felttmaker there is! Aparently her new book out soon( see photo for details!) Apart off course from the girl that runs bloomfelt!



I will be back in amsterdam in a couple of weeks to join Thomas Horst and Dorie in the workshop and the fashion show organised in the Netherlands6-8 of July!

I am very excited!

No comments: